Ruby-GetText for Ruby on Rails
Ruby-GetText for Ruby on Rails is the L10n library which works with Ruby on Rails 2.3.2 or later.
There are locale, gettext gems and other 3 libraries below which support rails:
- Auto-Detect the client locale
- Detect candidate locales from supported locales by the application.
- Localized Routes
- Localized Action/Fragment cache
- Localized view template files
- I18n.t fallback to localized message candidates.
- Validation messages translation
- Model translation
- extract messages from models with the rake task.
- Localization for some helpers.
- Works with other Rails I18n backend.
- Note that gettext_rails is not the one of I18n backend.
These libraries are thread safe, and applications can use this library with your preferrable i18n backends which don't have above features.
(su) $ gem install gettext_rails